Sunday, December 20, 2009

Instead of Makin' Me Better, You Keep Makin' Me Ill

Isn't it interesting how at certain times in your life you can come across an old song that you hadn't heard in forever, but you find yourself particularly drawn to the theme of that song more now, than you did when you first knew the song. And do you find yourself wondering "Why am I hearing that song NOW?"

That happened to me yesterday as I drove across the vast city of Chesapeake to go pick up three little munchkins. I found myself jamming out and singing at the top of my lungs to a teenaged song and it struck me how much the lyrics applied to my life, personally, at this moment in time, but even still, how they also apply to our beloved NoMi.

Take a listen and look for yourself, and think of a time in your life when the 'cure' is really the 'poison'. And think of NoMi.



"...I can't stay on your life support, there's a shortage in the switch,

I can't stay on your morphine, cuz its making me itch

I said I tried to call the nurse again but shes being a little bitch,

I think I'll get outta here, where I can

Run just as fast as I can

To the middle of nowhere

To the middle of my frustrated fears

And I swear you're just like a pill

Instead of makin' me better, you keep makin' me ill

You keep makin' me ill ..."

1 comment:

  1. For Example..

    The emerging scandal on Pamiko Properties that is being documented on Johnny Northside blog as well as Hillside Chronicles blog is EXACTLY the thing I was referring to about how this song above can be related to NoMi.

    Another example...

    Think of all the "leaders" that have purported to have all these great answers, all the right cures for the ills that plague NoMi... then these "leaders" turn out to be the POISON instead of the cure!

    Can you think of more examples?

    ReplyDelete